Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
FINES FOR THE CITY OF HALLSVILLE
SPEEDING IN A SCHOOL ZONE 1 ‐ 10 over posted speed limit $213.00 11 – 15 over posted speed limit $263.00 16 – 20 over posted speed limit $273.00 21 – 25 over posted speed limit $303.00 26 – 30 over posted speed limit $349.10 30 + over the speed limit $349.10
Disregard stop sign or red light $173.00 No seatbelt , driver $132.00 passenger $132.00 No seatbelt, passenger under 17 YOA $200.00 Child unrestrained $224.95 Expired MVR (registration)* $132.00 * No MVI (inspection)* $132.00 Expired driver’s license * $162.00 No valid driver’s license $163.00. Fail to maintain insurance $322.00 Fail to yield right of way $233.00 Fail to control speed $233.00 Use cell phone in school zone $275.00. Additional fees added for Accidents and School Zone Violations.
For Violations not listed call the Municipal Court at 903‐668‐2488
DISMISSALS AND COMPLIANCE
Dismissal of Expired Inspection: If you are charged with expired inspection and have this problem corrected within 20 days from the date the citation was issued, and the inspection was not expired more than 60 days, bring the receipt from the new inspection and $20.00 to the court to have the ticket dismissed.
Dismissal of Expired Registration: If you have been charged with expired registration and this problem has been corrected within 20 days from the date the citation was issued, bring the receipt for the new registration and $20.00 to the court to have the ticket dismissed.
Dismissal of Expired Driver’s License: If you have been charged with expired driver’s license and/or failure to report change of address, have this problem corrected within 20 days from the date the citation was issued, bring the new paper driver’s license and $20.00 to the court to have the ticket dismissed.
Dismissal of No Valid Driver’s License: If you have been charged with no valid driver’s license and this problem has been corrected within 20 days from the date the citation was issued, bring the new paper driver’s license and $20.00 to the court to have the ticket dismissed.
Dismissal of No Liability Insurance: If you are charged with no liability insurance or failure to maintain financial responsibility, provide proof that you have valid liability insurance on the date and time the citation was issued to have the ticket dismissed. The insurance proof must have effective and expiration dates, name of the insured, policy number and name of insurance company.
DRIVER SAFETY COURSE (Defensive Driving)
Driver’s Safety Course: Requests must be made in person or in writing to the court within 10 days from the date the citation was issued. Provide proof of a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and pay the non‐refundable fees.
Fees Involved: A non‐refundable fee of $109.10, must be paid to the court at the time you request is made. A copy of your driving record is not required. You may take the class in person or on the internet.
Driver Safety Course Granted: If eligible, you will be granted 90 days to complete the driver’s safety class and provide the court with the original, signed completion certificate. Who is Eligible: Individuals who have plead guilty or no contest to certain citations and have a valid Texas driver’s license, valid insurance and have not taken the driver’s safety course within the last 12 months are eligible. You must appear and request permission from the court to take the driver’s safety course within 10 days of the date the citation was issued. You will be required to pay a non‐refundable fee of $109.10, provide proof of a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of valid liability insurance. You are Ineligible if: • You were Speeding 25 m.p.h. over the limit or more • You have a CDL driver’s license • Your citation is for an accident • The offense occurred in a School Zone • The offense occurred in a construction zone with workers present • You do not have permission from the court
NOT GUILTY PLEA
Making a Not Guilty Plea: You must enter a plea in person or in writing with the Municipal Court at 115 W. Main St. You will have the option of a trial by Judge or a trial by jury.
Changing Plea Before Trial: Should a plea be changed before the trial date, a new plea form shall be completed with the Municipal Court at 115 W. Main St.
Finding of Guilty at Trial: If found guilty at trial, the fines and court costs will be assessed and due in full unless other arrangements are made with the court clerk. You will not be eligible for a driver’s safety course or deferred disposition after being found guilty at trial.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR TICKETS
***Acceptable Forms of Payments: Cash, Money Order, Cashier’s Check or Credit/Debit Card*** ***NO PERSONAL OR BUSINESS CHECKS***
In Person: Payments may be made in person at 115 w. Main St. – at City Hall.
By Mail: Payments must be made in the form of a money order or cashier’s check and made payable to the City of Hallsville. The ticket number and name of person who received the ticket must be clearly printed on the money order or cashier’s check. Pay the correct amount of the ticket. An insufficient amount will cause the ticket to remain open with the possibility of additional fees to be added. Payments must be post marked on or before the 10th day after the ticket was issued.
Hallsville Municipal Court PO Box 899. Hallsville, Texas 75650
By Credit / Debit Card:
By Phone: Call 903-668-2313 and provide the information listed below.
A convenience fee will be charged for this service.
To pay your city citation (traffic ticket) online, please enter your citation number and amount and click on “Pay Your Citation.” A convenience fee of $1.99 will be applied to all transactions.
• Ticket number • Driver’s License number • Amount of ticket • Court Date – Enter any date in this space. You will not have a court date if you are paying the ticket.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Do I have to see the Judge or appear in court? : NO, if you want to pay the ticket you may pay the Court Clerk.
• Why does the Court need my mailing address and a phone number? : To contact you about your ticket or court date.
• Why did the Clerk ask if I had gotten married after I got my ticket? : The Clerk is required by the State to submit a monthly report and the Name on the ticket MUST match your driver’s license.
• Can I make payments on my fine? : YES, you can call the Court Clerk to set up payment plan arrangements.
• Do I have to plead Guilty to pay my ticket? : NO, you can plea “No Contest” . This is not an admission of guilt but means you do not want to contest the ticket.
• My inspection has been out for 3 or more months. Can I get my ticket dismissed? : NO, if your inspection has been expired for 3 or more months it cannot be dismissed.
• MY registration has expired . Can I get my ticket dismissed? : YES, register your vehicle as you normally would and pay the late fee. Provide a copy of the receipt to the Court Clerk for a dismissal.
• When is Court held? : Court is usually held every 4th Wednesday of the month at 9:00 am. (Date may change due to Judge’s schedule)
• What is a Pre‐Trial Hearing? : This a meeting between you and the City’s Attorney. This is an informal meeting and a chance for you to meet the City’s Attorney and discuss your case.
• Can I pay with a personal or business check? : NO, the court will accept payments in the form of, Cash, Money Order, Cashier’s Check or Credit / Debit Card. NOTE: a fee may be charged to use a Credit / Debit card.