2020 CENSUS POPULATION:
Population as reported by the 2020 censes – 4,277. The median age is 34.1.
The racial and ethnic composition of the population is:
- White 75.66%
- Black or African American 9.42%
- Native American 0.44%
- Asian 1.17%
- Pacific Islander 0.05%
- Other race 0.44%
- Mixed/Multi Racial 4.63%
- Hispanic 8.18%
- Boy and Girls Scouting Programs
- Lion’s Club
- Youth Sports Organizations: Baseball, Softball, Football, Soccer
- First Baptist Church
- First United Methodist Church
- Hallsville Church of Christ
- First Assembly of God
- Galilee Baptist Church
- Mulberry Springs Baptist Church
- Northside Church of Christ
- Hallsville Fire Department
- Champion EMS
Harrison County Sheriff’s Department
MEDICAL AND DENTAL SERVICES:
- Family Dental Services 903-668-5744
City of Hallsville (inside city limits).
Citizens who live adjacent to the City have water provided by two rural water districts:
- Gum Springs Water Supply ( 903-660-3420)
- and West Harrison Water Supply (903-668-2450).
Sewer—-City of Hallsville
Garbage Collection—-City of Hallsville
Electricity—-Southwestern Electric Power Company
Upshur Rural Electric Co-Operative
Cable television and internet—–Fidelity Communications
Harrison County Sub-Courthouse
—Constable Precinct 3
—Justice of the Peace Precinct 3
—Harrison County Tax Collector
—The City is located in Harrison County.
—The City has a total area of 4.7 square miles.
—Time Zone—Central (CST and CDT)
—Elevation 364 ft. (111m)
—Streets and Roads inside City Limits are maintained by the State of Texas, Harrison County, and the City of Hallsville depending upon location.
—Education—Served by the Hallsville Independent School District.
—Population as reported by the 2010 Census—3,577. The median age was 32. The racial and ethnic composition of the population was 89.1% white, 5.5%black or African American, 0.6% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 2.6% from some other race and 2.0% from two or more races. 6.1% of the population was Hispanic of any race.