Mayor Jerri Medrano
Mayor Pro-Temp James Mizell Alderman Eric Anderson
Alderman Tim Hatten
Alderman Gary Nash
Alderman Jake Walker
Notice is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the Hallsville City Council to be held October 21, 2014, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 115 W. Main Street, Hallsville, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action.
I. Call to Order
II. Invocation – The invocation will be given by Mayor Jerri Medrano
III. Pledge of Allegiance – The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Mayor Jerri Medrano
IV. Consent Agenda – (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember requests an item be removed and considered separately.)
1. Police Department Summary for September 2014
2. Water Department Summary for September 2014
3. Permit Report for September 2014
4. Financial Report Summary for September 2014
V. Public Comments – (Limited to five minutes per person).
1. Chief Paul Montoya will swear in our new City of Hallsville Officer Samuel Lavender.
VI. Discussion Items
1. To discuss a possible Ordinance for Garage/Yard Sale Permits.
2. To discuss the possibility of an upcoming affordable Housing Project (info provided at meeting).
VII. Items to be Considered
1. Consider and act upon the approval of the Minutes of September 16, 2014.
2. Consider and act upon approving the 9-1-1 Network 2015 Budget.
3. Consider and act upon approving Ordinance No. 2014-16-09B requiring a Building Permit.
4. Consider and act upon approving to reactivate the Hallsville City Park Board.
5. Consider and act upon approving the Agreement for the Temporary Closure of State Right-of-Way for the 2014 Christmas Parade.
6. Consider and act upon approving a release form to have Hayrides in Hallsville on Halloween.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Hallsville will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending public meetings. To better serve attendees, requests should be received 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact Kim Smith, City Secretary, at 903-668-2313.
I certify that a copy of the October 21, 2014, agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was posted on the City Hall bulletin board on October 16, 2014.
Kimberly Smith, City Secretary