Notice is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the Hallsville City Council to be held September 16,
2014, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 115 W. Main Street, Hallsville,
Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All agenda items are subject to
I. Call to Order
II. Invocation – The invocation will be given by Mayor Jerri Medrano
III. Pledge of Allegiance – The Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Mayor Jerri Medrano
IV. Consent Agenda – (All consent agenda items are considered routine by City Council and will be
enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a
Councilmember requests an item be removed and considered separately.)
1. Police Department Summary for July and August 2014
2. Water Department Summary for July and August 2014
3. Permit Report for June and July and August 2014
4. Financial Report Summary for July and August 2014
V. Public Comments – (Limited to five minutes per person).
VI. Discussion Items
1. New information regarding Christmas Decorations is under Items to be Considered
VII. Items to be Considered
1. Consider and act upon the approval of the Minutes of July 15, 2014, the Minutes of the
July 17, 2014 Budget Workshop, the Minutes of the July 29, 2014 Budget Workshop,
and the Minutes of August 27, 2014 Budget Workshop.
2. Consider and act upon adopting the 2014-2015 Budgets for the General Fund
and the Water/Sewer Fund.
3. Consider and act upon adopting Ordinance 2014-16-09 to adopt the 2014-2015 Tax
4. Consider and act upon amending prior Ordinance 2011-09-1 to include raising
and/or establishing certain rates and fees effective 10/01/2014, Ordinance 2014-16-
5. Consider and act upon approving Ordinance No. 2014-16-09B requiring a Building
6. Consider and act upon approving Ordinance No. 2014-16-09C adopting a Building
7. Consider and act upon approving Resolution 2014-16-09 authorizing the City to
participate as part of the CARD related to SWEPCO.
8. Consider and act upon approving an Investment Policy for 2014-2015 Fiscal Year by
adopting Resolution 2014-16-09A.
9. Consider and act upon approving the 2014-2015 Employee Personnel Manual Changes
for City Employees by adopting Resolution 2014-16-09B.
10. Consider and act upon approving the 2014-2015 Holiday Schedules for City Employees
by adopting Resolution 2014-16-09C.
11. Consider and act upon approving to appoint four (4) more Reserve Officers.
12. Consider and act upon approving the purchase of Christmas decorations from
13. Consider and act upon approving the line item transfers to pay for Christmas
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Hallsville will provide for
reasonable accommodations for persons attending public meetings. To better serve attendees,
requests should be received 24 hours prior to the meeting. Please contact Kim Smith, City Secretary,
I certify that a copy of the September 16, 2014, agenda of items to be considered by the City Council
was posted on the City Hall bulletin board on September 11, 2014.
Kimberly Smith, City Secretary